What to Expect on Your Wedding Day
Congratulations on your engagement! I’m looking forward to capturing one of the biggest, most important days of your life! I know how much time, and preparation goes into creating a perfect day, and I am honored, and humbled to be the chosen person to capture it all for you! It is a responsibility I take very seriously; not only do I pride myself in the final product I provide you, but also the experience of working with me leading up to the big day, the day of, and days after the wedding!
I’ve had the opportunity to work with many brides, grooms and vendors over the past 6 years. I’ve also had the esteemed chance to work with an amazing, very well known wedding photographer- Jasmine Star within my career. I’ve taken each experience within these weddings and interactions, and built upon them. I’ve used each as a learning experience to drive my business to where it is today! My goal it to provide you both an outstanding final gallery of wedding images, and a positive experience with me and my team of photographers.
Below, I’ve put together a list of what exactly you can expect when booking me as your wedding photographer!
While you are searching for the perfect Wedding Photographer…..
- Choosing your wedding photographer is a huge deal! I love to meet my potential brides and grooms in person, a coffee date is ideal to sit face to face, chat about your plans for the big day, show you some more wedding galleries I’ve captured from start to finish, and basically just get to know one another! I love hearing about how he popped the question and see that new bling 😉 I understand we are all very busy, and if you don’t have time to meet, we can always chat on the phone, or do everything via email!
You Want to Book Me! (Yay! Happy Dance!)
- The first step is to return a signed contract with the retainer payment. The retainer payment will be half of the total amount of your wedding collection. The retainer payment can be submitted by check, Paypal, or cash. Once the retainer payment, and contract are submitted, your wedding date is locked in! Contact me for mailing address if paying by check. (Do note that retainer payments cannot be refunded for canceled events.)
Months Leading Up to the Big Day
- Let’s schedule that engagement session! If we will be creating Save The Dates from your engagement session, it is best to schedule our session at least 1 month before you plan to mail them out. On the fence about an engagement session if it is not already included in your wedding collection? Click here to read why you should do an engagement session, and what to expect during your engagement session!
- Please send me a list of family members you would like photographs with, and also select a point person to help find those family members and escort them to where we are shooting! Having a list will make the family session portion of our day run smoother, and quicker-which means for time for you to enjoy your wedding day! It also ensures that we do not miss any important photographs!
- Make sure to provide me a copy of your wedding day timeline as soon as it is completed. And, do know that I’d love to offer my input if you are creating the timeline yourselves, or working with an amazing planner! I can often offer helpful suggestions to the photography aspect 🙂
- I’d love to tour your venue with you! It is a great opportunity to discuss where we may shoot bridal party, family, and the romantic photos. I also love to scout the ceremony location at about the same time as the ceremony to get an idea of what the light looks like. It’s also a great time to go over any last minute details we need to discuss prior to the big day.
- The remaining balance of your wedding collection is due by the day of the wedding. You are welcome to provide payment on the day of, or at any point in time leading up to the big day.
Your Big Day!
- My team and I like to arrive around the time you are completing your hair and starting make-up. This is a great time to get all those fun shots of you and your bridesmaids drinking champagne, beautiful imagery of your wedding gown, shoes, invitations, jewelry, and other timeless details! My second photographer will be with the groom and his groomsmen capturing those last moments leading up until the ceremony! Him laughing it up with the best man, maybe shaving, drinking beers and getting into those tuxes!
- What is a first look, and should we do one? There is no correct answer to this question, it’s completely up to you and your fiancé, and really how you want your day to unfold. There are a few benefits to doing a first look: it creates a private, quite moment in your day for just the two of you! You’ll be able to focus on that first moment of seeing one another, and savor it without an audience. You will be able to hug, kiss, laugh, spin one another around, and really get lost in the moment! It makes for amazing images. Another reason for a first look is that it allows you the time to enjoy cocktail hour with your guests. I’ll often shoot the romantic portraits of the bride and groom after the first look, or you can opt to do your bridal party, or family photos after. Therefore, we won’t need to take the time after the ceremony to capture these images since they will already be completed!
- My approach to capturing your wedding is to be both a fly on the wall, documenting natural events, moments, and emotions as the unfold naturally and to also jump in and direct when necessary. Your gallery will contain a nice balance of candid, documentary style images, as well as more posed, traditional shots! As for capturing the romantic portraits of just you, and your now husband or wife: I let the two of you just be you! Cuddle up, smooch, embrace, laugh, or just hold one another. Capturing the real you: what makes the two of you a couple, what makes you tick- is what it is all about. I don’t want to try and create images that are suppose to reflect you with unnatural, awkward poses, I want to capture the two of you as you are!
- How long will I be at your wedding? Well that depends on when I arrive based on what we’ve discussed, and which wedding collection you’ve chosen. Generally I recommend my services up until we are finished with all the traditional activities: cake cutting, bouquet or garter toss. Some couples opt to do a fun send off with sparklers or confetti, and I’d love to stay to capture that! I’m available as long as you need me as it is important to not miss a single moment of your day. Additional hours of coverage can be added to your package at any point.
You’re Married, Now What?
- Within 1-2 days of your wedding, I will post a sneak peek on my site and social media accounts for you to see and share!
- In about 4-6 weeks from your wedding, you will receive an email with a link to a password protected, online gallery. Here you will view your complete wedding gallery! You can share it with family and friends. Family and friends can purchase or download images! You can also start downloading images to create prints, or thank you cards right away while you wait for your USB drive to arrive.
- 1-2 weeks after you receive your online gallery, you will receive your custom USB, USB case and reference prints in the mail.
- At this point, I’m ready to create your album if you have chosen to purchase one. The album creation part takes about 1 week for the first draft. I will send you a digital draft for you to make changes to as you see fit. We will collaborate on the album until it is perfection! My pro lab is pretty fast, so you should have your album in your hands from about a week after it is submitted! Not sure if you want to invest in a wedding album? Read a great post I wrote about that here.
- Expect to receive 100 final, edited images per hour of shooting time. More often than not, you will receive more than 100 images per hour, but I prefer to under promise, and over deliver 😉
- When culling your images, I go through and carefully hand select the best of the best to edit, and present in your final gallery. Each image is edited to correct color, overall skin tones, exposure, clarity and sharpness. I also edit out any distracting aspects from the final portraits, such as stray hairs, bruises, blemishes, or scratches. In addition, I run a skin smoothing program on all of the portraits to make sure everyone looks their very best! Extensive, heavy editing is available for an additional fee.
- The final, edited images on your disk are sized and sharpened to print, therefore you may choose any lab to produce your prints. I’m also very happy to provide high quality, archival prints from a professional lab for you. Turn around time on prints orders are 1-2 weeks after your payment has been made. Check out pricing for prints here, and a more, detailed list of information on making prints from your USB drive here.