Q: “So Stacey, Why’d you become a photographer?”…………..
A: “What a question! People ask me all the time, it constantly comes up in conversation, especially while working with clients. The thing is, its a tough one to answer. There are so many reasons why! First, I LOVE taking photos, but there’s much more that goes into “taking” a photo. I love capturing a person’s spirit, their emotion. This can be a bride about to walk down the aisle, to a high energy toddler, or new parents snuggling their newborn. I love manipulating my camera, and light to produce gorgeous imagery. I love scouting, and using new locations and different props with my clients. I love pulling the images up in Photoshop and bringing them to a whole new level of amazingness with tools I’ve learned over the years. I love sending out a completed gallery, one I’ve spent hours on, making the images look just right, to get a heart felt, genuine response from my clients that they love the images. I love knowing I had a little something to do with providing memories that will last generations to come.”
Q: “So Stacey, we get it-you love your job, you love photography. But what else makes you tick?”
A: ” First and foremost, I’m a mom and wife! I have 2, almost 3 beautiful children! A courageous and brave 6 year old daughter Anniston Grace, a soon to be 2 year old busy boy, Frankie, and another boy (name pending) on the way! They have been my inspiration, the reason I work so hard. I want to provide them a good life for them, and to make them proud that I’m their mom! My husband Justin is always in my corner, supporting me in every aspect of my business. He even likes to spoil me with photography gear 😉 (He knows the way to my heart!) I also have two Brussel Griffons dogs; Murphy McCool and Mimi Martini- my first babies. Murphy is 11 years old, and his little sister, Mimi is 9. You can often find Murphy sitting on my lap while I’m editing images, he’s actually sitting on me now while I type this 🙂 So basically, if you are wondering what makes me tick- its my family!
My babies below 🙂
Q: “Besides your love for photography and family, what else should we know about you?”
A: “Let’s make a list! I just love my lists! ”
- Coffee keeps me going, and sane! Love my Peet’s Major Dickinsons made in my Kerig!
- Sushi is delicious, love sashimi or rolls. Favorite sushi location would have to be a little spot I found in Ukiah, CA of all places!
- Go-to birthday dinner, hands down is the House of Prime Rib in SF.
- I have a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing from Sonoma State University. I’ve applied my marketing education in several health industry positions after college, but my love for photography, and need to follow my dreams of doing it full time as a career superseded!
- I was a cheerleader throughout high school! Go Gauchos!
- I unwind by reading at the end of each night, in bed with my iPad. I’ll read anything, but mostly Fiction. Currently reading “Me and Emma”.
- I have a great group of girl friends that have been meeting monthly for dinner, wine, and general support for being mommies and wives for 10 years!
- Love shopping for make-up at Sephora, or Ulta….but lately, you’ll find me with no make-up on!
- Odd fact, not many people would guess about me, I attended Space Camp in Huntsville Alabama when I was 11 years old!
- Born and raised in San Francisco/Daly City area. Our family moved to Petaluma, CA in 1993 and it’s been my home ever since. I love the small town feel, great downtown area for shopping and dining, along with the strong sense of community felt here!
- I get my photography talent from my dad. I first learned black and white film photography, and development with his manual Canon camera!
- High school & College jobs included- carhop at A&W, yes I wore skates while delivering food to your car! Bagel slinger at Noah’s Bagels, Front-end Cashier and Tire Shop associate at Costco, and Photo lab professional at 2 labs throughout college!